Tuesday 2 November 2010

"The Key to Holiness"

In the foyer to the Church of the Assumption there were copies of a quotation of St Edith Stein, printed especially for the Feast of All Saints. As I have quite a few Carmelite readers (or at least I got the impression I did!) I thought it might appreciate it being quoted in full. The translation is a combination of Google Translate and my untangling its incomprehensible sentence structure:

"No one can say 'Holiness is out of my reach'.

It doesn't hang on some remarkable feat, belong to a specific age, require a certain relationship or a dead serious manner.

On the outside one notices very little, although with time it will begin to take shape.

God in heart and God in mind- there lies the key to Holiness"

3 comments:

  1. Do you want to follow my new blog Roy? Its now possible :) And do you know if there are others from either EVS volunteers or the ASF volunteers that also have a blog? I want to link to them! Already linking to you! :) Have a nice day
    My new blog:
    http://european-voluntary-service-at-asf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you do not give up easily!! Of course I'll follow it :)

    ReplyDelete